Friday, May 9, 2014

What's Love Got To Do With It?

God calls His children to show love to everyone because He is love. We are to act as our Father because we are a part of Him and He is a part of us. When we show the World love they can see God in us. That is what will bring people to God and HE will be the one to subtlety bring change into their lives as they transform.



Condemnation is a thing of the Old Testament. Jesus came so that we don't have to live under condemnation. He even said in Luke 6:36-38 

36 Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.

37 “Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not
be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given
to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be
put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be
measured back to you.” Therefore be merciful, just
as your Father also is merciful.



I have watched lives change so dramatically through the Holy Spirit's guidance as the people were shown love rather than telling them what they needed to change and making them feel that they are not good enough. One of the reasons Jesus died on the cross is because we could never be "good enough" to be a Christian or go to Heaven. People need to come to God just as they are. If we wait around to come to God because we have to fix this or fix that, we will never come to God. We cannot change on our own. We cannot make ourselves be "good enough" to be a Christian. It is ONLY by Grace that we are saved. NOT by works. (Ephesians 2:8) This World is desperate for God but until we get it right by just showing God's love, they will continue to be lost.



Our fellow Christians, our brothers and sisters in Christ should be treated with that same love that God commands us to with the World. Fighting and bickering among Christians is very displeasing to God. People watch us and when they see us turning on each other and fighting it only makes them want to stay away from us. We cannot be a good witness when we are back biting or back stabbing one another. We are held at a higher standard because we are to show the World a Great and Mighty God that loves and takes care of His children. Otherwise, why would anyone want what we have?? If we are fighting as the World does, and our lives are just as miserable as their's, then we have nothing that they want. However, if we become what God calls us to be Overcomers, Victors, and Conquerors who show the World and each other love; then we've got their attention and they will desire to have what we have; God!



I end with these scriptures:



John 13:34-35
  
34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”



1 Corinthians 13

The Greatest Gift

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I
have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have
the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and
though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I
am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and
though I give my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, it profits me
nothing.

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not
parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its
own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but
rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all
things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will
fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is
knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be
done away.

11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I
thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For
now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but
then I shall know just as I also am known.

13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is
love.

No comments:

Post a Comment